Back on the boat...Chi-town


Seriously I am on the pet adoption site at least once week these days. I have to talk myself off the ledge because I think once I get a cat it's all down hill from there. So before my finally departure from POF last month I actually went on a date with a different guy. We spoke on the phone and he was pretty cool, no serious red flags. I keep telling myself to be more open as I start dating again and give people chances. We were planning to meet at the beach and just walk and hang out something simple, public, and would lead to conversation. Well of all days during Spring Break at that it decided to be 50 degrees outside. We changed the location to Sawgrass mall, at first I'm like who goes to the mall but I had to go there during the week anyway so I could get that errand out of the way and it was definitely a public place. Moving forward, he gets there an hour late he supposedly lost track of time at the gym. He was pretty cool not as tall as I like them but handsome. He was very upbeat and kind of ticky if that makes since...it's like he has a nervous laugh so throughout conversations he just laughs. After a while I was like this isn't nerves this is how he is. I did enjoy his vibe he was very friendly and had a good spirit about him. I didn't want to read too much into it because we all are guilty of putting on a good front on a first date. As the convo went on he share that he does have kids, which I knew thanks to POF, but it stated he had one. He tells me he has two daughters by two different women who are just barely a year a part. Umm sleep around much is what popped in my head. After walking around and talking we parted ways, he walked me to my car and texted me about 30 minutes later to let me know he had a good time and that he is open to meeting up again at his house. 
Here's a little background before you think I'm shallow. On his profile he said he's not down for serial dating. Meaning taking a girl on a lot of dates and spending money on her to just help her kill time. I can respect that no one wants to be used, but we all don't fit into that category. So with that being said every encounter was $FREE.99

The next day we met up again, I braved it and went to his house. Not before sending my location to my friends so they knew where I was. I get there and it is the ultimate bachelor pad, very gaudy and over the top. It had an old school pimp feel to it. I was there for about 10 minutes and he says hey wanna ride with me while I run some errands, sure why not I'm not doing anything today. Our first stop was to Publix he goes to get a money order. Most people I know hardly carry cash, but this dude pulls out a wad of money and uses not even half of it for the money order, which concerned me a bit. We then went to post office to mail it. When he gets back in the car, he says hey let's go to the casino we go he walks around and I guess he realizes he can't play poker since he has me with him and we leave. On the way back to his house he sees a gun shop and he stops by, while in there he is instantly drawn to this big tech kinda gun and is hounding dude behind the counter about the price and how long it would take for him to get it.. do they need background checks etc. 2nd red flag for the day, he asks how much to add a silencer to the gun. Why does this dude need this big gun in the first place and please tell me why a silencer is needed what do you have planned?!
Once back in the car I asked him why he wants the gun so bad and why the silencer, he proceeds to say when you are shooting someone the key is not to have anyone else hear it or know what happened. "STOP I WANNA GET OUT THE CAR RIGHT NOW!" That's what I'm yelling in my head, he goes on to say yea back in the day I was in "human resources" he put it in air quotes himself and that him and his crew in Chicago handled business when it needed to be handled and said "matter of fact I never leave the house without my gun and can't believe I did so today." We were on our way to the mall again ( a different one) and he detours to go to his house to run in and get his gun. I am already uncomfortable around guns so being around a stranger and a gun made me super uncomfortable. I'm going to fast forward to the next day yes we saw each other 3 days in a row, now that I reflect back I think I kept this going since I was on spring break and pretty board. So day 3 we chill at the house and watch a movie this hella old movie because he doesn't have cable OR Wifi **another red flag* cause I like too many tv shows at the moment and if I can't come to your house and chill and watch them that's not going to work. Shallow... so what! We chill for a bit after the movie goes off and then he heads to this class he is taking. He asked me to come back when he gets out to chill a bit more. I am aware we are getting to know each other but no real date has occurred and at this point I'm like is he interested or waiting for the right moment to pounce and get some while I'm at his house. I tell him I'm going to just call it a night since he gets out of class so late, and he is like cool. The thoughts of his intentions kept nagging me so I sent him a text asking what his intentions were with me, he goes on to say oh I'm getting to know you etc....At this point I have made up my mind I am not going any further with this and I plan on letting this fade away. I know I'm not the best communicator but this is just how I function. Two days pass and we don't communicate, when I get back to work that Monday he sends me a text "hey stranger, how is your first day back at work going?" I was nice enough to respond but kept it straight to the point to where no conversation could truly be formed. Then it happened about 5pm that day he asks me "what are your intentions with me?" I am very honest, hell he doesn't know where I stay and probably won't see me again so my chances of getting shot are slim right. All I can say is I am so happy this convo occurred via text because he blew up on me the response started with..."WOW, you are one hell of a communicator, guess I never would've known what you thought if I didn't ask" he then proceeds to says that "love is not loyal here is S. FL, so I'm not surprised" right then I said thank you Lord for me letting this one go. I would love to say that communication stopped there, but he hit me up a day later asking did I want to come over and let him lick me up and dick me down right...WTF I think I called him everything but a child of God, and blocked his number. 

After this experience I went ahead and retired my fishing pole and deleted my account on Plenty of Fish. Too many of those fish are swimming in toxic waters. 

Comments