I had my first phone conversation with "Jay" from Match.com on April 23rd. He actually gave me a call, definitely not expected. I can say I am quite smitten with him. (Yes I said smitten). We talked for over 2 hours, the convo felt as if we had known each other forever. We are so much alike in many different ways, he gets my personality and style, but the best thing is he loves natural hair. Now some dudes are "oh yea natural hair is cool", but he actually prefers natural hair. The icing on the cake was he is about as pro-black as I am. POWER TO THE PEOPLE! Being in education an intellectual man is hella sexy to me so when he asked me "what are you currently reading" I got excited. We then went on to share what we both were reading and made some recommendations etc.
Fast forward to today (May 1) things are still going well. We will see each other Memorial Day weekend, and I really want to see him before then. Unlike before, we now communicate daily and the tone and type of conversations we have are a bit more intimate. Sharing goals and dreams has been quite refreshing, even if things don't work out because of the distance he is definitely someone I want to keep in contact with. I am allowing myself to just enjoy the moment and not get so wrapped up into developing next steps for us and let it flow naturally. I have been known to sabotage things worrying too much about what is going to happen next.
Comments
Post a Comment